How to check and repair the laptop power adapter ？
How to solve the problem of the notebook power adapter failure? The following is a small series to tell you what the power adapter is and how to detect it.
Laptop power adapter fault detection method / steps:
- First shake the power connector or battery to check if the notebook power adapter or laptop battery is in good contact. If not, try to reinstall the notebook power adapter or battery. Possible fault conditions are deformation of the power connector or a decrease in the elasticity of the battery contacts.
- If the power supply or battery connector is good, use a multimeter to measure the output voltage of the notebook power adapter or battery. Check whether the output voltage is stable and whether the actual output voltage value matches the nominal voltage of the power supply. If the output is unstable or the actual output voltage is If the product is very different, the damaged notebook power adapter or battery needs to be replaced.
- if the above test is no problem, you can infer that the fault is on the notebook power board or motherboard, you need to open the back cover of the laptop, check whether the power board and the motherboard are in good contact.
- If the power board and the battery are in good contact, check whether the power board is normal by the replacement method. If it is not normal, replace it.
- If it is confirmed by the above method that the power board and the battery are all normal, it can be inferred that the notebook motherboard or other main components are damaged (such as the startup circuit failure), and it is necessary to send a professional repair shop for repair or replacement of the main board.
Like the computer, there are various faults in the notebook power adapter. What should I do if the notebook power adapter is broken? Let’s check if there is any warranty period. If you have not taken the warranty directly, if it is over the warranty period, We can solve it by the following methods.
The laptop power adapter is broken. Solution:
1.Check the notebook power adapter indicator light.
If the indicator light is on, it is generally considered that there is no problem between the power supply and the adapter. It must be ensured that the indicator light itself is not broken.
2.Check if there is any power between the power adapter and the computer.
The indicator light of the notebook can be displayed. When the power is charged to the notebook, the charging indicator will be on, otherwise it will not light.
Or try to exchange a laptop power adapter of the same brand. Use your power adapter to connect to the other party’s notebook. If the other party’s computer is working properly, then the notebook power adapter is fine. Otherwise, there may be a problem. If the other party’s power adapter is plugged into your computer, the computer works fine, but the power adapter does not work properly, then there is a problem with the power adapter.
3.Observe the change of the indicator light of the computer.
If the charging indicator light is off when the notebook power adapter is plugged in, there is a time that does not go out, there is a problem with the power adapter interface inside the notebook, generally the inside of the cable is broken, the circuit board is aging, the solder is dropped, etc. This is called a virtual soldering phenomenon, and this situation only requires the professional to repair it.
Through the above introduction, everyone understands what the power adapter is. When there is a problem with your laptop power adapter, you may wish to operate according to the above detection method! I hope that the sharing of this article will be helpful to everyone.